Performing repository restore as DataCurator generates error
Under the following set of conditions, a restore operation will fail
with GemStone error 4008 (#errUserProfileLost):
1. You start with a GemStone repository based on GS/S 5.0 or earlier.
2. That repository is upgraded to version 5.1 or later.
3. A backup file of that repository is generated.
4. The stone is started on an extent(s) based on GS/S 5.1 or later.
5. You restore the backup file while logged in as DataCurator.
Regardless of the #errUserProfileLost message, the restore operation
has been successfully completed and the error can be safely ignored.
The object identifier used for the DataCurator UserProfile object
changed beween GemStone versions 5.0 and 5.1. When a pre-5.1
database is upgraded, the DataCurator UserProfile object continues to
retain its original object identifier, which is different from the
object identifier used in a new 5.1 or later database. Under the
conditions described above, the object identifier used for the
DataCurator UserProfile changes after the restore, causing problems
for the session which still continues to reference the UserProfile
by its original identifier.
No workaround needed. However, to avoid this error, you can log in as
SystemUser to perform restore operations.